Video Poster

So your partner just proposed to you and you’re feeling all the feels! One question you may have, is when should you start wedding planning? I always tell my clients that it is never too early to start wedding planning. The more time, the better.

Video Poster

PRE-PLANNING

For clients who have absolutely no idea what kind of wedding they want the pre-planning stage is important. Many brides have dreamed and fantasized about their wedding day since they were a little girl, but if that’s not you it’s totally okay. The pre-planning stage is going to help you gain general ideas of what you like in terms of venue, location, and overall wedding aesthetic. A great tool to help you do this is Pinterest. I recommend going on Pinterest and creating a wedding board. Again, this will help you to see what type of vibe you are drawn to.

Video Poster

ACTIVE PLANNING

Active planning should start 12-18 months before the wedding date. Now this may seem like a long time to plan, but trust me, the time goes fast. This is especially true if you are trying to stretch out vendor payment due dates. Other time constraints to think about are venue availability (dates get reserved fast, especially Saturdays) and receiving your wedding dress. Most wedding dresses take four to six months to come in. I suggest going wedding dress shopping at least eight months before your wedding day.

Hiring a wedding planner to be with you during the entire wedding planning process is beneficial to having a stress free planning experience and a fairytale wedding day.

Ring

Write

Shanequaspringereventplanning@gmail.com